NAMI Basics offers education and support. Taught by parents who have lived similar experiences with their own children. Horizons employees Lori Francis, Jodi Hertach, and Evelyn Clark will be providing the class to Reno County Residents. NAMI Basics is an educational program that provides learning and practical insights for families. Course elements include:
- The trauma of mental illness for the child and family
- The biology of mental illness
- The latest research on medical aspects of the illness and advances in treatment
- An overview of treatment options
- The impact of a child’s mental illness on the rest of the family
- An overview of the systems involved in caring for children and teens
Participants can register for the 6 week class series by calling 620.663.7595. Childcare will be provided.
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Visit the NAMI website at www.nami.org to learn more.