Delicious and spicy vegetarian meal for any night of the week.
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses
Cook and stir peppers and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. or until crisp-tender. Add beans, tomatoes and water; stir. Bring to boil.
Add rice; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. Remove from heat.
Stir in cilantro; top with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 min.