About the Academy
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System developed the Hutchinson Regional Academy as an opportunity to provide high school students with a structured learning experience in a hospital setting. Students will participate in both observational experience and hands-on learning, side-by-side with Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System healthcare professionals. The Hutchinson Regional Academy is a paid summer internship program, designed specifically for high school students completing 10th, 11th or 12th grade.
How to Apply
Applications will be available from any Reno County high school guidance counselor’s office, or online at www.hutchregional.com, beginning in February. Preference is given to students who are residents of Reno County, have an interest in exploring healthcare as a career, be 16 years of age and have completed 10th, 11th or 12th grade by June 4, 2018, have an overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale, or 4.0 on a 5.0 scale, and an overall Science GPA of 3.25 on 4.0 scale, or 4.0 on a 5.0 scale, with a strong focus on those students who are performing well and stand out as leaders within their schools and communities. Students will be accepted into the program based upon meeting the above criteria and taking part in a pre-employment interview.
- Paid internship.
- Eight week program beginning on June 4, 2018.
- Students will average 18 hours per week.
- Graduation Dinner for academy interns, parents, select System staff, Board Members, and select school staff.
- Students will make a brief presentation on their experience and on their specific area of interest to the Scholarship Committee.
- Two (2) $500 Scholarships will be awarded at the Graduation Dinner to the two students exhibiting the best performance during the program.
To download an application, click here.
For more information call Kacey Krehbiel at 620.665.2551.