Looking for Health Insurance? Our Certified Application Counselors can help! A Certified Application Counselor is an individual trained to help consumers look for health coverage options.
This service is unbiased and offered free of charge. A Certified Application Counselor can assist you by answering questions about the Marketplace, the application process, and comparing plans. The Marketplace offers bronze, silver, gold, and platinum plans with varying premium and out of pocket costs. It is the consumer's decision on which plan will work best for their insurance needs.
Essential health benefits are minimum requirements for all Marketplace plans. All plans offer preventative health services- like shots and screening tests- at no cost to you.
Amy Oliver, Certified Application Counselor
Torry Ericson, Certified Application Counselor
Things to consider for the consumer:
- Your budget and how the cost of the insurance will fit in.
- Do you have chronic health issues?
- Do you have any planned major procedures, like surgery, in the near future?
- Do you have frequent trips to the doctor for blood checks or other routine checks?
- Is your doctor in network?
- Do you have medications you take frequently?
You will need basic information for the application such as:
- Names, birthdays, and social security numbers for everyone in your household.
- Projected household income for the year.
- Tax information such as filing status and number of dependents.
- Immigration documentation and supporting ID numbers.
- An email address to complete the application. Your Certified Application Counselor can help you set this up.
Open enrollment runs from November 1st through December 15th. You may still qualify for coverage outside of this window. A Special Enrollment Period (SEP) may be granted if you have a qualifying life event such as:
- Marriage, birth, adoption, divorce, or death
- If you lose your job based insurance due to retirement or loss of job
- You are aging off a parent’s policy
- You are losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
- You have a change in residency
You have 60 days from date of occurrence to apply.
For more information please visit www.healthcare.gov or contact one of our knowledgeable staff members.