Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System serves a diverse community of individuals who have difficulty communicating in English because:
- They have impaired vision
- They have some degree of deafness
- English is their second language
- They speak no English at all
- They have lower comprehension skills
We make medical interpreters available at no cost 24/7, in compliance with federal and state laws, to assist patients, their family members, and other legally authorized persons.
- American sign language (ASL)
- Spanish sign language
- Tactile interpreters
- Language interpreters for non-English speakers
Video remote interpreting (VRI)
When no interpreter is available locally, we use remote video hookups through our webcam- and microphone-equipped laptops to provide sign language and English language interpreters.
For non-English speakers we have available translation services that can be delivered over phone lines. Use any Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System phone and:
- Pre-programmed or dual handset phones are available through HRMC Interpreter Services.