"Chicken breast, onion, chile peppers and beans make for great white chili sustenance! Here is a good recipe for those cold nights. Serve with some crusty French bread and a salad. Season to your own taste (some might like it spicier.)"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth, chile peppers, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro and red pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer for 10 minutes; top with green onion and cheese and serve.
ARLEMILLER - allrecipes.com