This delicious buttermilk chicken is sure to impress any dinner guest headed your way.
- 1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 3/4 cup Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Chicken Coating Mix
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Empty coleslaw blend into medium bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Place coating mix, poultry seasoning and pepper in shaker bag. Close bag; shake gently to mix.
Moisten chicken with buttermilk, turning to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast. Gently shake off excess buttermilk. Add 1 or 2 pieces of chicken to shaker bag; shake until evenly coated. Place in single layer in foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Discard bag and any remaining coating mix.
Bake 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F). Serve with the coleslaw and sweet potatoes.